About the Fondation Jeunes Scientifiques Luxembourg
The Fondation Jeunes Scientifiques Luxembourg is an officially recognised non-profit organisation, whose goal is to promote science, research and technology among young people, mainly by encouraging and supporting them to work on a scientific or technical project in an extra curricular context.
Young scientist contest
The main activity of the « Fondation Jeunes Scientifiques », the Jonk Fuerscher contest, has been organised yearly since 1971. Contestants present their research projects to an independent jury and have the chance to win international awards, such as the chance to participate to international contests like:
- EUCYS (European Union Contest for Young Scientists) organised by the European Commission
- Intel ISEF (International Science and Engineering Fair)
- LIYSF (London International Youth Science Forum)
- CASTIC (China Adolescents’ Science and Technology Innovation Contest)
The Foundation’s main partner is the Luxembourgish Fonds National de la Recherche, but the organisation can also count on the support of many different partners, from the public as well as the private sector (cf. “Donate section).
Composition of the board:
- President: M. Carlo Hansen
- Vice-president: M. Paul Heuschling
- Secretary: M. Georges Metz
- Treasurer: M. Emmanuel Servais
- Members: M. Jeannot Nies, Mme Simone Hansen
In 2015, about 10 volunteers contributed to the Foundation’s activities.
The office of the Foundation is located at :
- Forum Geesseknäppchen
- 40 boulevard Pierre Dupong
- L-1430 Luxembourg
Contact : +352 52 52 71 / email@example.com
It is open from Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.